Sunday, December 9, 2012

Crazy Big Milestones Happening Here Today

Happy Saturday to all!  
We spent the day exploring Blaise Castle right here in Bristol.

It was sort of one of those low key days.  Blaise Castle consists of a castle, of course, and a museum house, some great play areas for the kids, and tons of wide open space to run around and roam.  We spent the majority of our time at the play areas.  I have to confess I didn't even see the actual castle.  Nathan, Leah, and Dylan hiked over to it while Grant and I went back to the van to figure out what was making him so terribly uncharacteristically unhappy.  

I still don't REALLY know what his deal was, but I suspect much like his Mum he was tired of being cold.  So we warmed up in the car and he showed of his very first word other than Dada, Mama, and Nana.  I think it's ridiculously adorable right now, but I'm sure the more he starts using it in context the more I will dislike that my 9 (almost 10) month old can say "no".


Leah and Dylan were late talkers.  I was totally caught off guard today when he said "no" as I was trying to put on his mittens (that he hates to wear).  He has been trying to mimic sounds that we make for about a week now and it is so much fun!  He will be 10 months old tomorrow, so hard to believe.

Dylan also had a big day.  He earned the last sticker on his big boy potty chart this afternoon.  
 His hard work finally paid off!  He has been begging me to buy him this Finn McMissile car at the grocery store since the first week we arrived in Bristol.  He finally got it today with the completion of his chart.  Now here's to hoping the potty training success continues!

Here are some photos of our fun at Blaise Castle today.


















They sure do enjoy the zip lines.

Trying to stay warm and cozy.








She was having so much fun!

















Dylan was having fun closer to the ground than Sissy.












It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.









Mommy and her Munchkey!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment