Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Night At the Living Zoo and More...


Well, it finally happened!  Leah lost her other front tooth.  You know there's going to be lots of rounds of "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" this year at Christmas time!!!



One morning last week Grant, who is inherently an early riser, was up even earlier than normal asking for "Beckfast!!!!! Beckfast!!!!!!"  So we clambered downstairs and whipped up some pancakes.  He poured all the ingredients in (except the eggs) and stirred up the batter.  He was quite proud of himself.  He then ate one Mickey Mouse pancake and 4 regular pancakes.  The dude was hungry.
 

We spent this last weekend just enjoying the fall weather and gearing up for Halloween.
Dylan has never been much for pumpkin guts, but that all changed this year.  Oh my goodness.
Grandma and Grandpa sent these fun little Mr. Potato Head pumpkin decorating kits.
They were a BIG hit with the kids.


We ended the weekend by hitting up "Night At the Living Zoo."  It is a wonderful safe trick-or-treating event that the Sedgwick County Zoo puts on.  It's always a good time!
Monkey, Mizzou Tiger, and Mizzou Cheerleader
We got quite a few comments on our Mizzou attire (I, of course, was wearing a Mizzou sweatshirt also).

Leah and the princesses

Spooky Jack-O-Lanterns
It was lots of fun and a great way to prepare for the real deal on Thursday night!!!

In other news I taught myself how to crochet last week.  My fabulous mother-in-law taught me how to knit a very long time ago...approximately 15 years ago  (yeesh!).  I decided it was time to add to my crafting repertoire, if you will.  You know, because I have all kinds of free time to craft.  Ha!  Anyway, I found with the help of several YouTube tutorials it was quite easy to do.

My first "project" was a red beanie style stocking cap that Dylan quickly claimed because it matches his Chiefs jacket AND his Spiderman jacket.

Project #2 was one I saw on Pinterest and decided that Leah would probably love me forever, you know if she doesn't already, if I could manage to pull it off.
 Here it is in all it's finished glory...
Hello Kitty Beanie Hat
 She loves it!

We hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment