Friday, December 7, 2012

Prezzo

Tonight we took a chance, and boy am I glad we did.  We decided to take the kids out to a sit down dinner at a nice restaurant.  Scary right?  Still feeling festive from our 15 year celebration yesterday and with a coupon burning a hole in our pockets, we decided to give it a try.  Recently Nathan and I watched the movie, "Friends With Kids."  It was pretty funny, but there was a part in it where the actors were all dining at a nice restaurant and scoffing at the parents sitting at the next table who had the audacity to bring children to such a fine dinning facility.  I'm not going to lie, as we walked out the door tonight I said a little prayer that we would not be "THOSE PARENTS" at dinner.

Off to Prezzo we went.  It is a little Italian restaurant not too far from our flat.  The dim lighting with candles and wine glasses sitting on every table kinda place.  They did have a kids menu though, so that made me feel a little bit better.  At some point after getting seated and ordering our food it hit me just how well our children were doing!  Once I relaxed the whole experience was much more enjoyable.

Grant is a BIG fan of pizza crust.






Oh Leah.  She really did very well, with the exception of a few minor silly moments.










This was my prosciutto e funghi pizza.  It was delicious, but I had texture issues with the not cooked prosciutto.  It was easy enough to remove so I could enjoy the rest of the pizza.

 Latte and lemon drizzle cake...AMAZING!!!
This was on the "Mini Desserts" menu.  The latte and cake together were only 4.75 pounds ($7.62).  You could pay that for just a latte in most places.  It was quite a deal and so delicious!
 Grant was such a good boy.  He managed to conk his head on the edge of the table as he was sitting in his high chair when we first arrived, but after that he was happy as can be.  Gnawing on pizza crust, drinking water from a straw, and doling  out smiles to anyone and everyone who passed by.  I thought one of the waitresses was going to snatch him up and take him home with her.

Our poor waitress was so swamped with tables that it was taking her a while to get us our ticket.  So, I bundled up the kids and took them outside where they could run around a bit.  Prezzo is right between the Science Museum and the Aquarium that we recently visited.  There is a nice little open area and the kids took full advantage of the chance to run off some energy.
 Dylan wanted his picture taken with the giant beetle statue in front of the aquarium.
We tried to get Grant's picture with it too, but it was kind of hard to see the beetle.

Oh, and just before we got up to leave the couple sitting behind us turned to us and said what well behaved children we had.  The gentleman said he didn't even know there were 3 kids sitting behind him.  Seriously, that was enough to make my day, or week even.  What was I so worried about?  

I know that our sweet kiddos are just that, kids.  I also know that this is just a stage of life that will pass all to quickly and things like eating a nice dinner out will become easier with time.  I think tonight was God's way of reminding me to relax and focus on my sweet little ones and less on what other people are thinking, especially as we venture out on our 8 hour and 2 hour flights a week from today.  

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I watched the "Friends With Kids" movie last week and i liked it too! I'm glad you guys weren't "those people!" :)

    P.S. Your children are ADORABLE! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete