So hard to believe it could be true...today our sweet middle child D turned four years old. He can always make me laugh/smile, gives the BEST hugs and cuddles, and has the most gorgeous big blue eyes you'll ever see. He is all boy all the time, but all the while has this loving, caring, thoughtful heart that shines through at the same time. I just love everything about him and feel so blessed to have the honor to be his Mommy. Here are a few pics from how we spent his special day.
 |
| I always decorate the fire place for the kids birthdays. Just a little way to make their day special. |
When I went into the boy's room this morning Dylan shouted, "Mommy, I'm four now!!!" before I even had the chance to say happy birthday. It was absolutely adorable.
 |
| Traditional b-day donut breakfast. |
 |
| I made this shirt for him with iron-on patches from Hobby Lobby. |
 |
| Is it just me or does he look more like he is turning 7 in this picture? |

Dylan decided he wanted to spend the morning at the zoo. It was a wonderful time, with the exception of a few drama/attitude filled moments from Leah. (She doesn't do well stepping out of the spot light and letting others have their special days.) There were not a lot of people and the weather wasn't too unbearable while we were there. I totally under estimated the amount of time it would take to put sunscreen on 3 kids. Sheesh, that was a workout in and of itself. Once we finally made it into the zoo we had a great time though.
 |
| We got to catch part of the elephant training demonstration. It was really neat to see and the kids really got a kick out of it. |
 |
| They are fixing up some of the exhibits and D spotted this skid steer and wanted his pic taken with it. This was probably the highlight of his day. |
Is this not the most precious thing ever??? I'll admit I was panicking a bit about all the germs that were probably on that thing, but he was being so gosh darn cute I couldn't help but let him plant a big wet open mouth kiss on that lion cub statue.
 |
| We packed a lunch to eat while we were at the zoo. Here is D and his sandwich shaped like a "4". |
 |
| This big fella was perched right against the glass when we were at the gorilla exhibit. The kids were too freaked out to go near, so I snapped a selfie with him. Ain't he cute? |
 |
| Special treats for our special day at the zoo. |
After a fun morning at the zoo we went home for a couple of hours to rest/nap before Leah's swim lessons.
 |
| Dylan found this really cool tractor tire swing at the house where Leah takes swim lessons. |
Then we went back home to wait for Daddy to come home from work so we could celebrate the birthday boy some more. D was so patient, waiting all day to open those gifts.
 |
| This is where he was when Daddy got home. |
 |
| Playing with his new triceratops. |
Daddy managed to talk him into an ice cream cake. Daddy is a huge fan, Mommy is not so much. However, I conceded since I already had made two cakes for our weekend family celebrations and I have another to make for his friends party next weekend. It seems that ice cream cakes are hard to come by these days, but I managed to snag one at Cold Stone.
 |
| Mmmmm.... |
 |
Good thing it was bath time after cake...YIKES!!!
|
Finally, this is just a little collage that I made.
I sure did have a blast celebrating my Dylan William Miller today. I hope he did too!
No comments:
Post a Comment