We have been looking at vehicles for a while trying to figure out what we wanted to get next. I REALLY wanted a truck. After looking at some and discussing it more we just decided that a truck just isn't very practical for our family of 5 right now. So, someday I will drive a truck again, just not today.
Anyone who knows Nathan, knows he has vowed to NEVER drive a minivan...NEVER.
Well, he broke that vow while we were in the UK, but since we didn't own it I guess it didn't really count. However, I think that driving that one for 3 months certainly helped soften his feelings towards minivans.
After considering the problems looming with the Pacifica (transmission issues, brakes worn out, tires worn out) we decided we needed to go ahead and unload it before we had to put more money into it than it was worth. I have wanted a Honda Odyssey since the last time we bought a vehicle, but lost out on the "minivan battle" with Nathan. They were a little out of our price range at the time, and we only had 2 kids with no plans for any more when we bought the Pacifica, so it seemed like a better fit for us four years ago.
We piled the kids in the car and headed to the east side of town to take a look at a few Odysseys at a couple of different lots. We test drove a few other types of minivans before we bought the Pacifica and were not impressed at all. So, I was a little skeptical of what we would find.
After a couple of dealerships we ended up at Integrity Auto, and let me tell you, as a person who HATES sales people I would do business with these people any day. They weren't overly annoying with sales pitches and in your face about stuff. We took it out for a spin and LOVED everything about it instantly. The kids where putting more pressure on us to buy it than the sales guy, so we knew it was unanimous feeling for all of us.
So after an entire afternoon, literally we were there from 1:30pm to 5:30pm with all three kids, of haggling and paper work we purchased our first minivan. Another plus about Integrity Auto, they have a kids area with a tv and some crayons and a few toys. Everyone who works there has kids and was so very understanding of our broad. Wonderful experience and I cannot recommend them highly enough.
| Here she is!!!! Beautiful, right??? |
| He wouldn't even let me drive home. |
| Happy customers! |
Needless to say, we have ALL been enjoying the new van! I think the kids are worried we have to give it back or something, because every morning they ask, "Do we still have the new minivan???"
| Leah is loving the "Junie B. Jones" books right now. She found a whole tub of them at the library. |
After school on Wednesday I surprised Dylan with a trip to the zoo.
| He was pleasantly surprised! |
| "Heeeeppo!!!" (How Grant says "hippo") |
| "I think I need my picture taken with that Jeep, Mommy" |
We enjoyed the ECC's Big Truck Night. It's always a great time!
Grant got to go on his first school bus ride! He can spot a school bus a mile away..."BUSSSS!!!" he is always shouting out in the car. It reminds me so much of his cousin Evan who is nearly 11 years old now, but when he was a little guy like Grant he could spot a tractor anywhere WAY before any of us adults could see it.
| He looks unimpressed, but he really did have a fun time. |
| Tow Mator was there! |
| The limo was a big hit. |
Finally your bonus pictures for this post...
The kids and I have been enjoying all of the fun buggy creatures lately (except for those darn mosquitoes and flies). We've chased many a grass hopper like this little guy. We even saw a woolly worm at the doctors office yesterday! I haven't seen one of those in YEARS!!! I didn't get a pic of that one, because I was too busy trying to keep Grant from stepping on it. Boys.
| Where you can find Grant most of the time these days. He loves his little airplane. Grandpa might have a new flying buddy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment