You know that wonderful feeling of being home after a vacation...and then (for all you moms out there) there is that moment the warm fuzzy feeling vanishes into thin air when you see this...
...and you are inhumanely snapped back to reality.
Well, I am still happy to be back "home." The kids and I have been to the grocery store and that's about it in the last two days. We were in desperate need of down time after our weekend getaway to Paris.
We got our noses back in our homeschool "books" so to speak. Dylan painting a porcupine after we talked about the letter "P" today.
It was a colorful porcupine.
They have been surprised by packages from both sets of grandparents this week. BIG thank you to Grandpa and Grandma and Pop and Nana!
Leah sporting her new sparkly sweater and headband.
"Mom's Knight In Shinning Armor" complete with a cape...too adorable for words. It sort of looks like he's flying when he is scooting around all over the place on his belly. Somehow I didn't get a picture of D in his Superman shirt and cape. He was flying around the flat "saving" me all day.
Today, Leah and Dylan both wanted to stay in their pj's. Since we didn't have anywhere we needed to be I didn't fight them. They deserve a "pj day"...and did you see the pile of laundry in the picture above??? There's no way I'm going to MAKE them dirty more clothes than they have to.
All three kids playing quietly together. This very rarely happens. So glad I got a chance to spy on them while they were enjoying each other's company.
Finally, a little chocolate chip/M&M cookies to add a little homemade comfort to our day. Who needs mixing bowls when you have Halloween treat buckets??? Just call me "MacGyver Mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment