Friday, November 23, 2012

Random Stuff From Today

Well, we survived Thanksgiving.  

Our next big event...HOME!!!
Only 20 days to go, not that we're counting...
 Okay so we're totally counting and the kids get so excited to cross off days.

Grant's current "favorite thing" is Cheerios.

Do I have something on my face?

I made two lemon tarts for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning.  It was our one and only nod to the UK on Thanksgiving.  
 They were pretty good, but the kids didn't appreciate their "tartness" if that's even a word.

The morning after Thanksgiving brings the arrival of our Elf on the Shelf.  Our Elf, Santa the Elf as Leah named him, apparently only flies to homes in the USA.  So, Santa sent another elf helper to us in the UK.  Leah and Dylan got to pick a name for our new friend and decided on "Fairy Max the Elf."  Leah said, "he must be a fairy if he flies back to the North Pole every night."  I couldn't dispute this so "fairy" it was.  Of course Dylan chose "Max" after his best buddy that moved away last summer.  So "Fairy Max" it is!  He seems to have started off on a "nice" foot by bringing the kids new jammies.  I have a feeling he will be getting into trouble soon though.  Those ornery Elves always get a little ornery around the holidays.


Trying so hard not to touch Fairy Max the Elf so he doesn't lose his magic.  I think Grant might be on to me already.
Group picture with Fairy Max the Elf 

Leah always wants to "hold" Grant.  While he is really too big for it I try and always let her get some snuggle time with him.

While Grant napped and I nursed a pretty nasty headache, Nathan took the big kids to the park this afternoon.

THIS...
...is what Leah looked like when she walked out the door to go to the park.  I told her she looked like a child right out of the 80's.  Poor girl.

Nathan was invited to attend a rugby game in Bath tonight.  So it was just me and the kiddos.  After eating leftovers for lunch I decided I didn't want to eat them again for dinner and I sure wasn't going to be cooking after doing it all day yesterday.  So we all went down to the crepe stand across from our flat and got crepes for dinner.  

This is what Dylan looked like after he ate the Nutella crepe for dessert.
All I have to say is thank goodness bath time is right after dinner.

Then there were some super sweet sleepy time cuddles happening just before everyone went to sleep.  No worries, Grant doesn't sleep with Leah.  We were just in her room reading books before I put Grant to bed. 

We had a nice little day.  I did miss the sisterly bonding time I usually have on Black Friday with my sisters.  We go more for the hilarious people watching experience, than the "claw someones eyes out to get a great deal on a blender" kind of experience.  

I plan on enjoying the weekend with my 4 favorite people.  


No comments:

Post a Comment