Wow! How did it get to be the middle of May already? This month is always so jam packed full of celebrations for our family and of course there is the year end activities for school that all combined make this month go so fast I can hardly keep up sometimes. Been too busy to blog lately. So here are some pics to fill you in on the last few weeks.
Nathan made it home from the UK. We are all so glad to have him back.
He had strict instructions to not return home without some Welsh Cakes for his wife.
These little things are so yummy!!!
Naturally, one of our first outings when he got home was to our favorite local pizza and beer dive.
Bath time is always, well, interesting at our house. On this particular evening all 3 rugrats ended up in the tub together and it was quite entertaining to say the least.
Grant was a little "moody" one morning and after setting him in the chair so I could help Dylan get his shoes on I looked up to see this...
...it's obvious who runs the show at our house. Ha!
Dylan had been under the weather and not eating too well, so when he said, "Mommy let's go to the place with the pirate hats." (a.k.a. Long John Silvers) I couldn't say no, no matter how badly I wanted to.
Doesn't every pirate need their binky from time to time?
Grant continues to live up to his nickname, "Munchkey". He is quite the little climber, especially for someone who isn't even walking yet. I was in Leah's room helping her get her jammies on and I found this when I returned to the bathroom...
At least he is excited about oral hygiene, right?
Last Wednesday we finally had our first real spring storm. It would have to come when Nathan had my car (which is always in the garage when we are home) at gymnastics with Leah. Luckily there is no damage to my car, but I was almost in tears thinking about it and watching the hail come pouring down.
Just when I thought it was over and dime size was as big as it got, these bad boys started to fall...
Wowza!!!
When Leah and Daddy got home she had to show me her new moves from gymnastics.
She would get her self up and then walk the length of the wall on her hands and feet like this. I thought it was pretty cool, until I realized I was probably going to have foot prints on my wall along with the finger print smudges that already live there. Oh well, as my Dad says, "You can have nice things, or you can have kids."
Lastly for this post, what I am calling an early Mother's Day present from the Lord. In the midst of a sad week full of not so great things happening all around me. Leah made the decision to ask Jesus into her heart. She has asked questions about it since she was 3, so I knew if I was just patient it would happen when it was supposed to. On the morning of Thursday May 9th, 2013 Leah and I knelt by her bed and prayed that Jesus would come and live in her heart forever. It was a beautiful moment that, of course, brought me to tears. I think it was also God's way of lifting my spirits and reminding me that He does indeed have a plan and it is for us to prosper!!! Praise the Lord! During weeks like this one it is easy to lose sight of that.
So very thankful for my sweet little believer and the work He is doing with her precious, loving, and caring heart for Jesus!!!
My next post will be about Mother's Day...stay tuned!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment