Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day


We had planned to travel to our hometown of Pleasant Hill for Mother's Day weekend, but sadly due to the passing of a friend the boys and I headed north a day earlier than originally planned so that I could attend the visitation and funeral.
After picking Dylan up from school on Thursday the boys and I swung by McD's and hit the road.  Nathan and Leah would head to P-Hill the next day when she got out of school for the weekend.
The boys did so well.  Grant slept most of the time and Dylan played with the iPad.

 The beautiful sky on the drive across the plains.

 The crazy scary looking clouds that met us in Pleasant Hill.
I may have drove around a bit, after dropping the boys off with my in-laws, to get a better look at these interesting things.

On the way to the visitation that evening we saw this amazing rainbow.
It was a wonderful tribute to a wonderful guy who will be missed by all.  

After the visitation my Mom, my sister Mir, and I grabbed some dinner at the 810 Zone Grill.
These delicious fried pickles hit the spot. 


 Saturday we went to check out Gigi's new digs.  The kids LOVE her walker and are convinced the seat on it was made for their little bums.  I think Gigi might love pushing them around even more than they enjoy the ride! 

 That night we headed to Aunt Mir's house to celebrate Mom's Day with my family.
We got my mom an Origami Owl necklace, and she LOVED it!  

 Sadly, Grant was not "loving" the photo op.

 The kiddos snuggled up to watch a movie after the Mother's Day festivities were done.

 I cannot put into words how blessed I am to call this lady "Mom" and these girls "Sister." Did it take you a minute to figure out which one is the mom? I sure hope I have my mom's amazing youthful looking genes!!!
Love them so very much!

After church we headed over to Nathan's Grandma's house for the Miller Mother's Day extravaganza.
Leah spotted this little metal tractor and another little ride on toy in Great Grandma's basement and the kids had so much fun test driving them.
Look at my little farmer Grant in his overalls driving his tractor...Awwwww!!!

 And then they found the piano.  They were a hoot on this thing.  

 Of course there was the obligatory Gator rides.  It's not a Miller family gathering with out Gator, Jeep, and/or tractor rides.
Grant was afraid he was being left behind.  

My mother-in-law is the BEST.  
I am so very thankful for her.


 Grant torturing the poor cats.


At one point we all watched in disbelief as Grant took off for the tractor across the driveway.  He crawled right over the gravel drive without so much as a hesitation.
He's one tough little booger.  Nothing can get in the way of a boy and a tractor.

My sweet nephew, Evan, picked these "flowers" for me when they were out riding the Gator through the field.  I love that boy so much! 


All of the kiddos enjoyed helping Grandpa fly his remote control air plane.



















A fantastic Mother's Day was had by all!!!









1 comment:

  1. My gosh! I look like a giant in that picture! :) It was good to see you all this weekend...even if it was for a short time. Loves!

    ReplyDelete