Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Weekend!!!

Okay, this is going to be a picture saturated post, and a bit of a long one at that.  Bear with me here.

We spent the 4th of July weekend in Pleasant Hill with our families and it was jam packed with lots of fun!  Maybe a little too much fun...the kids were a hot mess today and I imagine they will remain that way til about Wednesday.  It just takes them a few days to recuperate from being away from home so long, late nights, and just being out of our "normal" routine all together.

Anyway, back to the fun part.

Thursday night we went out to Nathan's brother's house to shoot off fireworks.  Some of which were nearly the size of my 3 year old nephew Brett!  



This next picture pretty much sums up how Grant felt about the fireworks this year.  Not really a fan and it didn't help that it was already WAY past his bedtime.  Thank goodness Grandma was there to lend him a hand, or two.


Thankfully Dylan did MUCH better with the fireworks than he did last year.  He really enjoyed himself!  I enjoyed watching the boys have fun blowing stuff up.  I've never really cared much for shooting the fireworks off myself, but it's always fun to watch someone else do the work.




Friday was a nice fun yet chill day.  We enjoyed some more time outside.  Grant really became quite the "Nana's boy" this weekend.  What little boy wouldn't love a Nana who lets you stand on tables and plays baseball with you, I mean really???  



We also got to hang out with Aunt Sam for a while.  She is such a dedicated Aunt to toss some baseballs with the kiddos even while battling morning sickness.  She's going to make one great Mommy!


Oh yeah, Gigi was visiting too!  She was sitting on the deck trying to dry her hair out.  I guess you could say this is a payback picture for all those times she put my hair in curlers as a little girl.  Hee,hee!


Nana gave Grant a spin around the house on Gigi's walker.  I think next time we might need to put a helmet on him though.  She's a bit of a crazy driver sometimes.  (J/K Nana, we love you!!!)


Of course we saw lots of this gal.  She's good people.  One of my favs.  

 Sisters
 We met Grandpa and Grandma at Guidos for lunch.  Can't go back to P-Hill and not go to Guidos at least once.  
Grant is always pretty stoked to go to Guidos!

Next up, was riding with Aunt Nancy.
Leah has been begging me to let her go ride the pony at Aunt Nancy's house lately.  Lucky for her, she invited herself over and got the chance to do just that.  Ha!
4 out of 5 of my favorite little people in this world (you have to squint to see Evan...he is by the horse in the background).


Leah and Dylan helped Aunt Nancy brush Cherokee for approximately 5 seconds.  Then they wanted nothing to do with any of the work that has to be done to prepare for riding.  What am I to do with these silly, lazy, city kids???



Brett and his horse, Dotty



Poor Cherokee...Leah talked Aunt Nancy into braiding his hair.  "But he's a BOY!!!!" Dylan exclaimed when he saw the braid.  I'm not good at reading ponies, but I think Cherokee appreciated the sympathy from Dylan. 

I so badly wish these two lived closer to each other.  I am sure they would find all sorts of trouble to get into together.





These two have always had the sweetest relationship.  It melts my heart to watch them together.  Evan is the best big cousin a girl could ever ask for.  Leah sure does look up to him and love him a lot.
Happy girl on a pony.














Leah got brave enough to try out Dotty.




We always have fun at Uncle Aaron and Aunt Nancy's house.  It's a good time watching my little city kids get a good ol' dose of country life.



Saturday night we left Grant with Grandma and and Grandpa and headed out to the races to cheer on my cousin Dean.



It's been WAY too long since I've seen him race.  I forgot how much fun it is.  We all had a really great time and Dean did an awesome job driving!  Ended up 2nd out of 26, I believe it was.  
Go #68!!!!
Of course he looked adorable, as always.
 


The kids had a blast!
Dylan was especially excited to see the race cars and also enjoyed watching the tow trucks in action.




Grant must have had a lot of fun at Grandma and Grandpa's because this is how I found him when I went to pick him up Sunday morning.  

FINALLY, thank you for hanging in there with this super long post...here is your reward...


Poor Grant, he was such a good sport while we teased him about the way he walks.

We had a fun weekend despite the mosquito bites, sunburns, and of course the undesirable behavior from the exhausted children today.  Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July and holiday weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment