Tuesday August 13, 2013
Well, it finally arrived, Leah's first day of 1st grade!!!
She was so excited to finally get to go back to school and see her friends everyday, and while she probably wouldn't admit to it, I am convinced that she is a much happier person while on a more structured schedule. More structured than the one Mom provides for her, anyway.
I was sad to see the summer come to an end, but I was also so very excited for her to jump back into learning new and exciting things everyday.
She and I had a fun time putting together this little "teachers survival kit" for her to gift her new teacher, Mrs. Harris, with on the first day of school.
Daddy had an important meeting at work that morning and was unable to be home to watch Leah get on the bus. However, he did what every good dad would do, he went out and got some delicious "First Day of School" donuts for our big 1st grader to enjoy before heading off to school.
Oh man, where in the world has the last 6 years gone???
Couldn't leave the brothers out of all these first day of school pictures.
| This was as good as it was going to get, at least they were all looking at me. |
I let her ride the bus and then I met her at school so I could take the obligatory "first day of school" pictures at school, because I am "that" mom and PROUD of it. Ha!
| First Grade here she comes! |
I assure you I only stayed a few minutes. Then it was time to go get the boys and figure out what we could do to keep our selves busy for 7 1/2 hours until she came home.
I know it will shock no one, but that afternoon we had a nice little rain shower that brought in some cooler temps. Grant, my little outdoors man, wanted to go outside to enjoy the rain. I needed to cool off so I thought it was a great idea.
It was so refreshing and tons of fun watching Grant enjoy the water.
Then there were lots of "fun" stuff like this....
| He enjoys cleaning things up so much it's almost like it isn't punishment to make him clean up his mess. Little stinker! |
"Busssss, Bussss, Bussss????"
| Grant chanting and watching for Leah to come home. |
She made it home and with a big smile on her face, no less!
First grade is fun!!!
She is in a great school, with a fabulous teacher, wonderful friends, and another awesome year of learning ahead of her.
I am one proud Momma.

She looks so grown up and pretty in her first day of school photos! :) I'm glad she likes school and her class!!
ReplyDelete