So, literally 12 hours after we arrived back in Wichta from our Vegas trip, Nathan boarded his first of two flights to get to the UK. He needed to be there for a couple of weeks for work related things.
Here are some pictures of what we did to stay busy while he was gone.
I bought the kids a little kiddie pool to play in. Of course, being a boy Dylan had way more fun making mud pies than actually playing in the water.
Leah has been fixing her own hair. She must get this talent from her Aunt Sam, because I sure can't use a bobby pin to save my life.
The house looked like this a lot.
On one trip to Wal-Mart they were uncharacteristically well behaved so I treated them to one arcade game each.
Let's just say if I had to choose who to ride with, I'd probably go with D. For barely being able to reach the pedal he is quite the little race car driver. He'll tell you that he "won", but he actually "won" 5th place.
Grant is my good little napper. This particular day he was ready earlier than usual, and decided to just cuddle up on the window seat. Poor guy.
He is growing up so darn fast. He uses a fork like a champ, walks all the time, can drink from his sippy cup while walking, climbing into the car by himself and is adding words to his vocabulary every day. Today Leah was teaching him his colors and I heard him say purple and red. Nathan even said he seems like a completely different kid in just the 2 weeks he was away from him.
There was lots of cuddling going on while Daddy was gone. In just the last 6 days of the month of July Wichita received 6.32 inches of rain. CRAZY!!! So we've been spending A LOT of time indoors.
Dylan has been "driving my solar car to California." Making his Daddy proud and putting his imagination to good use.
My dinner dates one night this week. Dylan dressed himself from the cowboy hat, to the tie, to Grant's size 18 month shorts (???).
***They did not, in fact, wear the noise canceling headphones in to dinner.***
I can't put into words how thankful I am for modern day conveniences.
The kids so enjoy "watching" Daddy fly on the internet plane tracking system. It really helped curb the "Is Daddy home yet???" question. So much easier for them to understand when they can "see" it.
It's that time of year again...school shopping.
| Leah's new school kicks. |
Daddy's flight landed at 7:30pm on Wednesday night which meant another "fun filled" time at gymnastics with both of the boys in tow. Ugh. We ended up in the car again, thankfully it was pretty nice out. I had to change Grant's diaper and then managed to distract him with a sucker til Leah was done.
After Leah was done we raced to airport to pick up Daddy! We sure do miss him while he's gone, but we also appreciate all of the hard work he does all over the world so that we can live the life we do. Love you sweetie!
No comments:
Post a Comment