Monday, October 1, 2012

A bit of a hodgepodge

First up we want to send our nephew/cousin a special birthday wish!
Happy 10th Birthday Evan Lee Miller!!!!
We hope you have a very special day!  We are so proud of the sweet and intelligent young man you have become.  Wish we could be there to help you celebrate, but we are thinking about you today!  Love Uncle Nathan, Aunt Bre, Leah, Dylan, and Grant


So hard to believe how quickly time flies!  The kids certainly do grow up way too fast for my liking.  This is a good reminder of why I set out to start this blog.  I know that December seems like forever and a day away, but I know it will get here before we know it and we will have a hard time remembering all of the fun things we did during our time here in England.  So thankful to have useful tools like this blog to help keep our memories stored so we can look back and remember all the fun times we shared.

Some of my favorite memories will be the low key times we have had during the week just playing, learning, and exploring the city center area.

Dylan got a construction set at Pound Land (aka the dollar store).  He has been having a great time with it.
We took a trip to the local IKEA store!  It just so happened to be the same day IKEA announced they are building a store in Kansas City...YAY!!!!!!  We had never been to one before this and we all really loved it!  Looking forward to frequenting the KC location when it opens.
Sunday we watched from our awesome vantage point on our balcony as thousands of runners took part in the 2012 Bristol Half Marathon.  It was quite a sight to see!  I would have given anything, especially my bum hip, to run this thing.  But it was still cool to see none the less.  

Homeschool.  Only time will tell if I am successful in this area.  We have enjoyed it for the most part and Leah tells me that she likes my school better than her school in Wichita.  I'm pretty sure this is because my school is about 6 hours shorter than her other school, but I'll take the compliment anyway.

Finally, ventured over to the park a friend told us about.  Thanks Sarah!

There was sand so D was beyond thrilled!
Fun times!
Even Grant who didn't so much as get out of the stroller had a great time.



Ornery and Ornerier
Meet our friend Izzy who we met at the park.  We talked about the letter "I" in school today.  Leah decided that she needed an "I" name since she is an insect.

Leah and Izzy



 That's all for now.  Hope everyone has a fantastic week!




















No comments:

Post a Comment