Maybe I am just getting into the Thanksgiving Day spirit a little early this year, I don't know? I have been feeling very blessed today, as I almost always do. We all have those days where we let our selves become overwhelmed by the day to day and worldly things that make it difficult to count all of the undeserved blessings and mercies given to us, right? Well, today I have had one of those opposite days where, for whatever reason, the Lord has really been making the little things stand out to me. For instance....
![]() |
| Thank full for the joy that something as simple as buying fresh flowers from a street side vendor can bring to me and my sweet girly girl. |

Thankful for that rush of excitement and little burst of confidence when I figure out how to be a better Mommy to my beautiful babies. Yes, I am still working on figuring it out. It's one of those constantly changing and improving upon types of things. Dylan is my "tender hearted" child. He can be throwing the BIGGEST tantrum and all I have to do to bring him down is wrap my arms around him and talk quietly and he will almost instantly melt in my arms and listen to what I am saying. Leah my tender hearted and hot headed (just like her Mommy) child would probably give me a black eye if I tried to hug her in the middle of a fit. Today I had several successful parenting breakthroughs with her. I am so thankful for the extra patience and the right words that God provided me with today. I know it was all Him, because I haven't had a good nights sleep in several days and could not have possibly had an ounce of patience left on my own will. Thank you Lord!!!!
Thankful for this "extra time" with them. I am not going to lie, there have been several moments of "Oh my word. What have I gotten myself into with this homeschool business???" since arriving in the UK. However, it is not lost on me that had we not made this journey Leah would be gone from 8am to 4:20pm every Monday thru Friday. Don't get me wrong, she loves school and I do too. I'm just saying that I am so very thankful for the time that we are getting to spend learning together that we wouldn't other wise have had.
![]() | |||
| Thankful for being able to make comfort food like my mom's chicken and rice. The little touches from home make it so much easier to be so far away from it and the ones that we love. |
I could go on all day, but I will end here so that those of you feeling a little ill from the overly gushy post can refrain from getting too sick. I will add one more thing though. I am thankful that Nathan's parents are currently flying over the Atlantic Ocean to come visit us. It will be nice to see some familiar faces and maybe even get a kid free dinner, or two, with my hubby out of the deal.
I hope that the Lord has opened your eyes to the blessings in your life today.
"In everything give thanks. For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:15



Absolutely LOVE this post! :) I will try to watch and recognize the little blessings today.
ReplyDeleteLove you, lady!
Awww, thanks Sis!!! You are one of the things I am thankful for every day too. :) Love ya lots!!!
Delete