Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkins!!!

Wow, two posts in one night.  I'm on a roll...thank you Blogger for your cooperation.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been feeling a little down about missing out on some of my favorite fall activities.  Fall is hands down my favorite time of year.  Pumpkin patch, hayrides, warm Louisburg Apple Cider, Mizzou Football...all of which they do not have here in Bristol.

I know it seems silly for me to complain about missing out on things when we are so blessed to be able to experience all of these new and wonderful things here in England.  I am still so thankful for all of the cool opportunities we have had here.  Just feeling a little home sick and missing my favorite season.

We did, however, manage to track down some pumpkins, even if it was in a giant cardboard bin at the grocery store.  Hey, a pumpkin is a pumpkin, right?

After a day of playing at Bowood House and enjoying the fall leaves and chilly weather we came home ate dinner and got to work on carving our pumpkins...and by "we" I mean Daddy.





Yep, I'd say it's time to give D a hair cut when he starts wearing Leah's headbands.  At least it was a Halloween headband.  He's nothing if not festive, right?  Ha!




 There's just something about an apple cider candle that warms my heart and makes it feel a little bit more like home here.



PUMPKIN GUTS!!!!!






The kids did a great job!  Okay, so they did a great job cleaning the guts out and Mommy and Daddy helped carve the designs.  I love continuing traditions with my kiddos that I loved so much from my childhood.  I think Daddy wins this year for the most impressive carving with D's pirate pumpkin!





Happy almost Halloween!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment