Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Boston Love



Monday I had a dental appointment and my dear, sweet, kind, beautiful, caring, giving (can  you tell I appreciate her and all she does for me and my kiddos?) friend Amme watched the boys for me.  As I was standing in line to check out, one of the dental hygienists announced that someone had set off a bomb during the Boston Marathon.  I just remember thinking that she must have been mistaken.  I mean why in the world would anyone want to harm people at a marathon of all places????  Not that harming people anywhere else is acceptable, I just couldn't fathom what kind of person (or people) would do such a thing or why.  I have experienced the OKC bombing and, of course, 9/11 so I supposed I shouldn't be so surprised by an event like this.  It's all so senseless and, sadly, no matter how many times I will experience it in my life time my heart will be devastated with the lack of respect and compassion shown by certain human beings every time. 



Today I wore a race day shirt ,from my previous life as a runner, to show Boston some love.  I will continue to pray for all of those affected by this disgusting show of disrespect for life and freedom.

It's during times like these that I am reminded that we will probably never understand these awful things that happen in the world.  We aren't meant to understand them.  I heard a song today that reminded me how thankful I am to be able to put my hope and trust in the Lord and to have His comfort and peace to ease my aching heart. 

"To you, O Lord, I lift my soul
In you, O God, I place my trust
Do not let me be put to shame
Nor let my enemies triumph over me

My hope is you
Show me your ways
Guide me in Truth
In all my days
My hope is you

I am, O Lord, filled with your love
You are, O God, my salvation
Guard my life and rescue me
My broken spirit shouts
My mended heart cries out..."

This is from a song titled, "My Hope In You" by Third Day

In situations like this it's so comforting to know that we have Him on our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment