Monday, April 29, 2013

Relaxing Weekend (April 19-21, 2013)

Hello again.  I've been having some difficulties uploading photos and videos, so I apologize for the lack of posts lately.  My "tech guy" (aka my fabulous hubby) has been out of town so I've had to figure it out on my own, which I am not used to, nor good at.  However, tonight after tucking the kiddos into bed I have managed to get them uploaded...FINALLY!

I obviously have some catching up to do, so this post is about last weekend.

Friday April 19, 2013

Since Daddy decided to go golfing on this afternoon the boys and I took the opportunity to go on a "Mommy and Sons" lunch date.  We went to Doc Greens for lunch, where Grant proceeded to out eat Dylan.


Then we ran a few errands.  We had to stop by Petco to pick up a few things for the animals.  The boys really enjoyed walking around and looking at all of the fun animals they have there.
Then we did one of Dylan's all time favorite things...
the automatic car wash.

Seriously, if he is having a bad day, all I have to do is go through the car wash and he is happy as can be! 

 Once we made it home both boys went down for a nap and I took advantage of the quiet time and cleaned Ella Emma's tank.
She is still alive and well, I am proud to say.  It is by far and away the longest we have ever managed to keep a fish alive.

 Friday night was the much coveted Parent's Night Out at church.  I had the kids all registered and ready to go.  I even had Grant bathed and in his jammies and the all 3 kiddos fed.  About 30 minutes before we were to drop them off at church the "Mommy guilt" pangs began.  You see, Dylan had developed and awful sounding cough (no other symptoms, just a nasty cough) the day before and he still sounded terrible.  So there was that, but also the fact that Nathan was about to leave for 2 weeks and he was wanting to spend every last second with them before his departure.  Sooooo....

Off to Granite City and Cherry Berry we went...all 5 of us.

Grant still in his jammies managed to entertain himself with a napkin while Nathan and I attempted to enjoy our meal.  Leah and Dylan at one point had us seriously second guessing our decision to take them with us.  In the end I think we were all glad to spend the evening together as a family.

Saturday April 20, 2013
We spent Saturday just relaxing at home and crossing a few chores off of our list.  The kids enjoyed running to Lowes with Daddy and soaking up as much time with him as they could.

Saturday night I was able to go out with a few of my friends.  

It is always nice to get a break from being a Mommy, even if just for a few hours.  

What a fun group of ladies!!!

Sunday April 21, 2013

There is just something so adorable about footy pajamas.  Dylan still LOVES them, and I love that about him.   
Dylan felt like accessorizing his footy pjs with one of Mommy's black pumps...apparently.
 At noon on Sunday we drove Daddy to the airport and said our farewells.  While I knew it was going to be a rough few weeks of missing him I was able to have some perspective thanks to a few friends who have recently/currently had military husbands deployed for 6+ months at a time.  It's only 2 weeks, it could be MUCH worse.  

After dropping Daddy off we had a few things to get done, and I was happy for the distractions.

First on our list of to-dos were to get Leah a new pair of PE tennis shoes.  She out grew her's with one month of school left to go.  Naturally.
I'm sure the color doesn't surprise anyone.
 On our way home we decided to stop at Sonic for a little treat.  Grant has never had a milk shake before, but I think it's safe to say he likes them.

That night I was fully prepared for a battle at bedtime, because 9 times out of 10 there usually is one.  However, I think we were all ready for a good nights sleep.  The kiddos were bathed and in bed snoozing away by 7:30pm...a rarity in our house.

I decided to let the dishes sit in the sink and leave the toys to be picked up later.  I grabbed my book and plunked myself down in a chair on the deck to enjoy the beautiful weather and sunset...also a rarity.  
I must say it was a fabulous way to start our long 2 week adventure sans Daddy.






2 comments:

  1. Love all the pics! I even think I see some Park Lane in the mix :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure do! Thanks to my lovely Park Lane consultant! :)

      Delete