Leah has been so excited about her music program at school. I know Nathan was so sad to have to miss it. Which is why I felt extra pressure to get some good video and pictures. I still am not sure why I thought I could accomplish this with Dylan and Grant in tow. It was a bit of a disaster. I knew when I had to break out the snacks before the program even began that we were in trouble.
We arrived and chose a seat near the isle, so that if Dylan wanted he could sit there and see better. However, once Leah's class was situated on the raisers it quickly became apparent that I had chosen the worst seats in the house. Ugh. She was right in line with where the music teacher was standing and the only time I could see her was during one of the songs where they would sway one direction and the music teacher would sway the other. Not the best for getting good pictures or video.
| Leah is in the middle row third from the left. |
After mulling it over for a few split seconds I decided to grab the boys and make a dash for the back of the gym where I could stand up and take video. At first it seemed like my idea had worked brilliantly. Until I put Grant down on the floor so I could shoot some video. He AND Dylan took off crawling around like crazy maniacs in the back of the gym. Dylan was in his full on "I'm not going to listen to a thing you say" mode. I just couldn't wrangle both of them and watch the program. To make things worse, Leah's teacher was standing right next to us trying to take video. A video that I am sure is riddled with my whisper/shouting voice saying, "Get over here boys!!! Sit down!!! Stay still!!! Dylan you know better!!!...."
Anyway, here is what little video I did manage to record (please excuse the abrupt shaky ending...had to drop the camera to grab two ornery boys). This is the song that they danced to. Leah is on the right side at the beginning and end of the video.
She did such a wonderful job. I am so very proud of my sweet little singing and dancing cowgirl!
No comments:
Post a Comment