I am so thankful for family.
This past weekend marked the halfway point of Nathan's 2 week trip to the UK. Since we had fun plans in Wichita we weren't able to make it up to KC, but my parents and one of my sisters decided to come down here to visit and to give me some much appreciated help with the kiddos.
I knew they wouldn't be here until late Friday night, so why I told Leah and Dylan they could wait up for them I don't know. I made them lay on the couches and watch a movie thinking they would fall asleep...Ha! The movie got over at 10 pm at which point they were both still awake, but Dylan was requesting that I take him to bed. Leah was in it for the long haul, or so she thought. She passed out on the couch around 10:30 pm.
| Bedtime stories. How blessed am I, right???? |
| Leah passed out on the couch waiting for everyone to get here. |
We spent the weekend just hanging out and having fun.
| Pop an D reading a book. |
| D, Nana, and Sally the Salamander (Sally is not real). |
We went to celebrate our little buddy Paxton's 2nd birthday at an adorable zoo themed bash. It was so much fun!!!
| Good food... |
| awesome crafts... |
| ...and one super adorable birthday boy! |
The sun finally decided to come out on Sunday.
It was a wonderful little break for all of us to have loved ones visit and take our minds off of how much we miss Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment