Monday, April 8, 2013

Lovely Day For A Walk In the Park and A Tea Party

I have been YEARNING for a day like today for about 2 months now.  Beautiful, (though a bit cloudy) warm spring weather on a weekend that we are at home with not too many things to do or places to be.  I began the morning with a commitment to get to the gym for a workout.  I have been really good about it this last week and I wasn't about to let a "lazy weekend" get me out of the habit of going.  Nathan was working on some fixes for our deck in the back yard and I knew if I left the kids with him while I escaped to the gym he would get nothing accomplished short of breaking up a few fights, making a couple of glasses of chocolate milk, and entertaining a fussy baby.  So, I loaded up the kiddos into the car and sort of jokingly told Nathan that this task was like a workout before the workout...and off we went.  Only to realize once we were at the gym that the KidZone doesn't open until noon and it was approximately 9:30 am.  

After careful thought and consideration, I decided we should run some errands so as to give Daddy at least an hour of "quiet" time to get some work done.  I was still determined to get some sort of workout in and the kids were totally on board with taking a walk, so after a pit stop at Target for a few items we made an impromptu stop at Swanson Park.  A local park that has a nice paved walking trail.  We had a BLAST!  The kids loved looking for wildlife and I was just so happy to finally be able to enjoy some nice weather and do something fun with the kiddos.  
My how time flies...almost 4 and 6 year olds.  So hard to believe. 

Dylan was the first one to spot a birds nest high up in one of the trees.  In all I think we counted 6 of these beauties!
Kansas Cacti






Leah spotted our first "wild life" friend.  Hello Mr. Red Bird.

If only I could get them to be this sweet to one another all the time.

This little photo op was Leah's idea.  Such a little photographer in the making.

Gorgeous.

Grant was tuckered out after our walk.  It's hard work sitting in that stroller.  


Next up was a friend's tea party!

Just precious...

Cookie decorating at it's finest!





















Grant stayed home to "help" Daddy...

A good time was had by all on this gorgeous spring Sunday.  I hope there are many more to come in the near future.

This was one of those "heart stopping" Mommy moments.  "Look Mommy you cut it just like this..."  Aren't little boys fun?

And while Dylan was "playing" with Daddy's saw, Leah spent the afternoon picking flowers to arrange in her tiara.   Like night and day, I tell you.

Happy Spring...finally!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment